Sunday, October 7, 2012

Indo Part 2

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I always liked to explore places off the beaten track, but I never was the kind of traveler who would jump into complete uncertainty. Before my last trip to Indonesia and especially the Mentawai Islands, I would make an effort to get away from the crowds, but the way I did that was in a huge four wheel drive Suzuki Jeep. This trip really made me appreciate traveling by more unconventional means. I am talking about riding little fisher boats, constantly busy scooping out the water with a little bucket, or driving through mainland Sumatra with a Soviet time bus. These are the kind of moments that you look back to and start smiling...


No comments:

Post a Comment