Saturday, May 5, 2012

Jesus Freaks

One cool thing about surfing in Holland is that you can find a webcam at almost every beach in the country. I am not sure how many hours I've spend monitoring the water surface, always in the hope to spot some nice clean lines at one of the nearby spots. What I slowly come to realize is that this little electronic eye can be quiet deceiving at times, and even though it looks like clean 3 ft lines rolling towards the shore, you have to realize that the situation at the beach might be a little bit less encouraging. Usually, it is the moment that I drive down the promenade of Katwijk spotting some figures with long paddles and even longer boards, floating around like Jesus Christ, that I realize that I have been fooled once again...





No comments:

Post a Comment